Join Michela Tartaglia to discuss “Pasta for All Seasons.”
BOOK DISCUSSION DETAILS
KINGFISHER BOOKS LLC DBA THE KINGFISHER BOOKSTORE
16 NW FRONT ST # 1155
COUPEVILLE, WA 98239-3444
About the Author:
Michela Tartaglia is an Italian native, born in the province of Turin, Piedmont. She moved to Seattle in 2006 after completing her master’s degree in philosophy at Alma Mater Studiorum–Univeristy of Bologna, and has since made Seattle her adopted city. Her passion for linguistics and languages is captured in her first book, Una Mela al Giorno, published in Italy by Nomos Edizioni. She is a chef by heart more than by trade. She cofounded Pasta Casalinga, an intimate lunch spot in the heart of Pike Place Market. Since its opening in 2018, it’s become a destination for locals and visitors alike.
About the Book:
Authentic Italian flavors and cooking techniques join forces with seasonal, regional ingredients for a delicious and deceptively simple collection of 50 pasta dishes for vegetarians, meat-lovers, and pescatarians alike.
Fresh ingredients, fresh pasta, innovative dishes. What’s not to like? Rising Seattle chef Michela Tartaglia has developed 50 seasonal recipes that showcase the best of Northwest seafood, produce, and meat in creative, deeply satisfying pasta dishes.
Using favorite ingredients such as salmon and clams and foodie favorites like nettles and chanterelles, this book offers home cooks dishes that are as comforting as a favorite spaghetti or fettucine dish but as bold and exciting as a hot new restaurant entrée. In addition, a pasta primer helps home cooks make fresh pasta at home and choose the right pasta shape for the right sauce or dish.
• Conchiglie Rigate with Pacific Northwest Wild Fiddlehead Fern, Leek, and Walnut Pesto, Fiore Sardo, and Aleppo Pepper
• Orecchiette with Pacific Northwest Spot Prawns, Purple Asparagus, and Lemon
• Pipe with Pacific Northwest Morels, Pancetta, Walnuts, Ricotta, and Saffron
• Bucatini all’Amatriciana with Billy’s Heirloom Tomatoes
• Creste di Gallo with Eggplant, ’Nduja, Supersweet Tomatoes, and Ricotta Salata
• Pappardelle with Golden Chanterelles, Sausage, and Thyme
• Spaghettoni with Red Beet Pesto, Burrata, Basil, and Calabrian Chili Oil
• Rigatoni with Pacific Northwest Elk Ragú, Juniper Berries, and Bay Leaves
• Casarecce with Pacific Northwest Manila Clams, Chickpeas, and Cherry Tomatoes
• Lasagna Casalinga: Lasagna from the Forest
This collection of creative yet accessible recipes will up your pasta game all year long. Buon appetito!