Join Noah Galuten to discuss “The Don’t Panic Pantry Cookbook.”
BOOK DISCUSSION DETAILS
2/13/2023 at 7:00pm
VIRTUAL DEMO EVENT
About the Author:
Noah Galuten is a chef, James Beard Award-nominated cookbook author, and host of the YouTube cooking show Don’t Panic Pantry. He is the co-author of On Vegetables: Modern Recipes for the Home Kitchen with Jeremy Fox, and Bludso’s BBQ Cookbook: A Family Affair in Smoke and Soul with Kevin Bludso. He currently lives in Los Angeles with his wife, daughter and small dog.
About the Book:
This is the cookbook that seeks to answer the eternal question: “What am I supposed to eat?” Here the chef and writer Noah Galuten, host of the charmingly self-deprecating YouTube series “Don’t Panic Pantry,” serves up convenient, healthily delicious, mostly vegetarian comfort food, teaching you how to prepare meals and snacks you’re genuinely excited to eat. With a Foreword by Iliza Shlesinger.
“Buy [Galuten’s] terrific The Don’t Panic Pantry Cookbook and your kitchen skills will jump off the plate.” —Chef Nancy Silverton, author of The Mozza Cookbook and Chi Spacca
As the world changes around us, we are constantly vacillating between two different versions of ourselves: the one who wants to be healthier and the one who wants to be excited, or comforted, by the food that we eat. We all want to eat “better,” but what does that mean? This book is here to say: Don’t panic.
Don’t panic about learning how to cook; or environmental sustainability; or nutrition. Don’t panic about what to make for breakfast or dinner or midnight snacks, because Noah Galuten has your back! In Noah’s kitchen, trying really matters, perfection is overrated, and better is good enough. Noah gives you the tools to create kitchen staples and vegetable-and-bean-centric dishes (with just a little meat too) that will become the beloved, simple, everyday meals you will make over and over in your home.
Includes recipes for:
- “Chef Salad” with Cheddar Croutons and Probiotic Ranch
- Three different versions of broccoli pasta (vegetarian, pescatarian or with rosemary-infused sausage)
- Noah’s Instagram-famous Krauty Beans
- 30-second Vegan Tahini Dressing that will become your new favorite dip
- Miso Roast Chicken with Vegetables that you can prep in advance and leave in the fridge for several hours, or even a day
- The fresh herbed panko-crusted Mozzarella Marinara that made Galuten’s famously funny wife, comedian Iliza Shlesinger, break down in grateful tears.
Here are your pantry staples for the future, to help you make cooking at home the tastier, more convenient, don’t panic option.